Google Sheets have been introducing a lot of new features lately. One of them is colour alternate rows. With the help of this feature, you can easily highlight alternate rows and increase the readability of the spreadsheet.
Before the existence of this feature, users had to use conditional formatting. But now color alternate rows can be done in just two clicks. Things that used to consume a lot of time can now be done in seconds.
If you are new to Google Sheets or don’t use it often, chances are you don’t know how to use this feature. You won’t find any direct button to alternate row colors. So then how to alternate row colors in Google Sheets? We will be answering your question in this post.
In the guide below, we have laid down the steps that will help you to change the colour of alternate rows in Google Sheets. The steps are simple and very easy to follow.
Steps to alternate row colors in Google Sheets:
- Select the range of data you want to alternate color :
- Next, on the menu bar select the coloring icon:
- Next click on the Alternating Colors:
- Next, a new pane will appear with different colors:
- Next, select the color and it will color your selected cells:
Checkout more Google Sheets Tips