The Gmail canned responses or templates feature makes it one of the greatest sources to answer emails that you receive with the same questions and comments. Gmail users need to know how to enable this feature in the Gmail settings to begin using it.
According to global statistics, email users spend over 5 hours a day on emails – this time could rather be spent on some other important or pressing matters to enhance business productivity and profits. But what if we told you, you could save all this precious time by setting up Gmail canned responses? Yes, you read it right! With the Gmail canned responses feature email users can save a big chunk of time.
Most of us, find ourselves sending the same emails from time to time. We often copy and paste the same email text before we send it to other recipients. However, by using Gmail canned responses or Gmail canned templates, we can save ourselves time and effort on such manual email sending or replying tasks.
A few situations in which we believe you might benefit from using the Gmail canned responses feature are sending routine documents, sending the same response to recruitment candidates, sending emails to employees to schedule meetings, asking the same questions for a product or service, and more.
Gmail canned response is also otherwise known as Gmail templates. Canned responses allow users to set up multiple email templates in their inbox.
How to create canned responses in Gmail:
Steps to enable and use Gmail templates:
- Go to Gmail and navigate to Settings > See all settings
- Now navigate to Advanced > Templates
- Now Enable the Templates:
4. Next, compose a new mail and in the compose window, navigate to Templates
5. Next, select “Save draft as template” > Save as new template
6. Next, you will be prompted to enter the name of the template. Enter the name and click on save.
7. Now, to use the template, simply open the compose window and navigate to Templates. You will find your saved template.
8. You will have your saved template instantly on the compose area.
Voila, simple and easy!