Whether you want to prepare a financial spreadsheet or record large volumes of data, Google Sheets has got you covered. It is one of the best spreadsheet programs that are capable of doing neat things. Also, it is the perfect alternative to Microsoft Excel.
The best aspect of Google Sheets is how flexible it is. It can be used as a text editor, statistical modeling, database, media library, calculation engine, to-do list, and more.
It can also be used for tracking billable hours or employee time schedules. If you are using Sheets for this purpose, you will have to calculate the time difference between two different events. Even though Google Sheets is not designed for timing log functions, it can still be persuaded with a little preparation.
In this post, we will tell you how to calculate time in Google Sheets. This will help you to calculate the difference between two timestamps.
Steps to calculate Time in Google Sheets:
- Open Google Sheets:
- Now, select the column where the time would be entered:
- Now, select the Formats and click Time:
- Now, on the third column where the time will be calculated, change the format to Duration:
- Now, enter the time on the time columns:
- Now, on the Hours Worked enter the formula :
- Now, extend the formula and apply it to all the subsequent cell:
Learn how to add a second timezone to Google Calendar.