Gmail is one of the most popular and used email service providers. Since almost all features are available in the free version, there are more than 1.5 billion users in Gmail. Of course, not all of them would have English as their mother tongue. So, some would like to change the default Gmail language to other languages they seem fit.
Gmail offers its clients to use the email service platform in the language they want. It not only offers them to change the default language of the platform, but it also offers them many advanced features that are offered to English language users.
For example, features like smart compose and smart reply are advanced features that Gmail offers to its English language users. These features are also available to users that use French, Spanish, Portuguese, and Italian.
Let us see how to change the default language of Gmail to your desired language in this post.
Change Gmail Language
Follow these steps to easily change the default language of Gmail. This will help you to change Gmail’s default language to your desire.
1. The first thing we have to do is open the Gmail account you want to change the language for. You might have various Gmail accounts; pick the one you want to change the language for. You can repeat the same process to other mail IDs if you want to.
2. Then, find the Settings icon and click on it. The Settings icon will be there on the topmost right corner of the screen. If you go to the top right corner, you can find a gear-shaped symbol which is the Settings icon.
3. Once you click on the Settings icon, you can find a dropdown menu. The first option on the dropdown menu is See All Settings. It basically navigates you to all of the settings that can be customized by the user. Click on the See All Settings option.
4. By default, you will be navigated to the General settings once your click the See All Settings option. However, in some cases, you might get directed to other sections such as Advanced, Add-ons, etc. You can find the General section on the top left corner of the screen, which will be in the first of the menu queue.
5. If you see the second option from the top down, you can find a section called Languages. This is where we are going to change the default language of Gmail to our own desired language.
6. Click on the menu bar named English which actually says that the Gmail account uses English as its default language. When you click on it, a drop-down menu will appear listing every language that is available on the Gmail platform.
Once you have chosen the language you want to use as the default language for your Gmail account, you can go to the bottom of the screen and hit Save Changes, which will apply all the changes to your account effective immediately.