If you often work with Docs, then you must know what a margin is. It is the unused space around a document. It refers to the space on sides, top and bottom that doesn’t contain any images or texts. Margins are there to prevent your text from colliding with the edges of the doc file.
Google Docs offers some amount of control over the margin of your document. What we mean is that you can change margins in Docs. You can change the margin if you feel the texts are too close or away from the edge. All this is part of aesthetics.
Now the question is how to change margins in Google Docs? If you are using Docs for the first time, it is possible you are not familiar with the steps. For help, we have explained each of the steps in detail in the post below.
Steps to change margins in Google Docs:
- Open Google Docs:
- Click File on the menu bar:
- Next, Click on Page Setup:
- Next, the Page Setup Dialog will open displaying the various options:
- You will notice the Margin option, where you can individually change the margin of the document:
- Change the Margin of the document and click OK:
- Now, you will notice the changes in your document:
Also, Checkout other Google Docs Tips