There are several reasons why you might want to transfer ownership of a Google Drive Folder. So, in this article, we will show you how you can change the ownership of your Google Drive Folder by following some simple steps.
For instance, if you decide to leave your company, who stores all its data on Google Drive, then it might ask you to transfer all these important files and data to your colleagues. In such a situation, knowing how to change the ownership of the Google Drive Folder can be beneficial. Knowing how to do so will also be beneficial in case you are changing your Google Drive account, and want to transfer files within a moment.
Transferring the ownership of your Google Drive Folder is very simple and easy. Any Google user can learn how to transfer the ownership of a Google Drive Folder in one go. However, once you have changed the owner of the Google Drive Folder, you won’t be able to reverse this decision. In fact, the new owner of the Google Drive Folder can even choose to delete the file.
Here’s how to change ownership of a Google Drive Folder within a few moments:
Google drive is no doubt one of the best collaboration tools for easy sharing and working simultaneously. A powerful option is to change the owner. Sometimes, there might be a need to transfer ownership if you are leaving a project or company and handing over the data. So how to change owner of Google drive folder?
Steps to change the owner of the Google Drive Folder:
- Go to Google Drive.
- Right-click on the folder you want to share and click on the share button:
- Add people who you want to make the owner if not already added:
- After you have added people to the folder, follow step 2 and you will be prompted with this window:
- Click on the down arrow of the participant and you will see the option Make Owner:
- You will be prompted with confirmation for making the changes click on yes:
That’s it, the owner has changed