You will come across many PDF viewers out there with Adobe Reader on the top. But if you have Chrome installed on your PC, you can open and view PDF files directly from your browser. Isn’t that great?
Google Chrome comes with an in-built PDF viewer which allows you to open and make basic changes to your PDF file. It is not as advanced as other PDF viewers available for Windows, but it is free and worth it.
However, if you want to know how to change the default PDF viewer in Chrome, you have come to the right place. If you want to use some other PDF viewer instead of the default PDF Viewer in Chrome, you will have to change it.
Since many of you are not sure of the steps, we had to come up with a brief guide. Go through the steps in this article and you will know what to do.
Steps to Change the Default PDF Viewer in Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome:
- On the top right hand side of the screen click the three dots option > Settings:
- Now in the settings, on the left side of the pane navigate to advanced:
- Next, navigate to Site settings:
- Next, navigate to the Additional content settings:
- Next, click the PDF documents:
- Next, click “Download PDF files instead of automatically opening them in Chrome”: