Polls are great as they allow people to engage and respond with minimal effort. You can create a poll for a wide range of things. For instance, to get feedback on a service or product, collecting market research, and so on.
Creating a poll is easy especially when you are doing it on Google Chat. Yes, you read that right Google Chat allows you to create polls. However, it doesn’t have an in-built option for creating polls. So how to create a poll on Google Chat?
Well, there is a bot store where you can find bots like Polly that can help you take polls on Google Chat. If you want to know how that is done, you should give this post a read. We have laid down a step-by-step guide to help you with the process. The steps are explained in detail, so you will find them easy to follow.
Steps to create a poll on Google Chat:
- Open Google Chats:
- On the left hand side of the chat screen, you will see the search bar:
- For polls, we will use the Polly bot, just type and search Polly on the search bar and select the Polly Bot:
- Polly Bot will be added to the Chat:
- Next, set Polly up in your group Chats by mentioning @Polly. The Polly bot will pop up and ask you to add Polly to the room
- Or you can click Invite People in an existing room. Just search for Polly in the list of people, and click Invite
- To start a poll in Chats, type something like the following into the chat: @Polly “Your poll in quotes” “voting option 1” “voting option 2” “voting option 3”
- For example it will look something like below:
- It will also show the votes cast by the members: