If you have been wondering about how to create and edit folders in your Gmail inbox, then this blog is a great way to get started and organize your Gmail inbox just right!
Creating folders in your Gmail inbox is a must if you wish to keep it organized. You can not only learn how to create folders in Gmail but also how to create labels in addition to creating folders to effectively organize your inbox.
Gmail folders, also known as Gmail labels, will allow you to sort out all emails on Gmail. Creating Gmail folders is a very simple process that you can complete by following the step-by-step instructions given below. This guide will help all Gmail users achieve maximum inbox organization capabilities.
All Gmail folders or Gmail labels can be found in the sidebar of your inbox. Once you have created a Gmail label, then you can decide which emails you wish to move to the Gmail folder. You can consistently organize these Gmail labels using your PC, Android, or iOS device with ease. You can even create subfolders or additional labels apart from the parent labels once you get started.
If you want to reduce the clutter in your Gmail inbox, you definitely need to use folders or Gmail labels. Labels help you to group your emails into different categories. While reading emails, you can quickly assign a label or move emails into those labels for easy sorting.
Sometimes, you want to organize your emails and don’t want to see them at the top necessarily. Tagging them to labels can really simply that and make your life easier.
Steps to create folders in Gmail
Here are some easy ways to create folders or labels to easily sort mails in Gmail:
- Go to Gmail and navigate to the left-hand side panel. Scroll down to Create new Label:
- Click on it and you will be prompted with a new window to type the name of the label. Simply type the name and hit Create.
- Your new label will be created.
Alternatively, You can create a new label in the Settings menu too:
- Click on the settings cob > See all settings
- Now, on the settings tab, go to Labels and scroll down until you see an option to create a new label:
- Click on the button and you will be prompted to enter the name of the label, enter the name, and click create
That’s it. Your new label will be created.