Did you know you could format phone numbers in Google Sheets? It takes just a few steps to format the phone numbers the way you want. But before you go and start looking for a dedicated button in Sheets, you should know that there isn’t any. In other words, Google Sheets doesn’t come with an in-built formatting option. Instead, you will have to follow some easy steps to get it done.
If you are intrigued to know how to format phone numbers in Google Sheets, we can give you that magic formula. The steps are both easy and tricky to follow. So you will have to pay a little more attention to it.
In this post, we have laid down a guide with the steps to format phone numbers in Sheets. Go through the details and you will know how it’s done. Make sure you follow all the steps correctly.
Steps to Format Phone Numbers In Google Sheets:
- Select the phone number cells you want to format:
- Next, navigate to the “Format” drop menu, choose “Number,”
- Next, select “More Formats”, and pick “Custom number format
- Next, Enter the format formula in the Custom number formats:
- Here we are using we’re using the formula (###) ###-#### and then click apply.
- The numbers will be formatted accordingly: