Google Sheets is a great work tool by Google. They keep updating Sheets with new features to make them better than before. Back in 2018, they included the feature that allows you to group columns and rows in Google Sheets. This is a highly useful feature for people often using Sheets.
Grouping data allows you to group rows and columns so that you can make the data concise. You can also go back to ungrouped data whenever needed with just a simple click.
If you want to know How to group rows in Google Sheets, we can help you with the steps. All you need to do is follow the guide in the post below. Once you learn this functionality of grouping data, you can work more efficiently with Google Sheets. So without wasting any time, let’s take a look at the details.
Steps to Group Rows in Google Sheets:
- Open Google Sheets:
- Open the Sheet you want to group the data to:
- Now, select the columns you want to group (here we will select and group the months):
- Now, right click the selected rows and click Group rows:
- Now, you will see this icon appear:
- .If you click the button the rows will collapse:
- Similarly, we will group the rows: