When it comes to handling and organizing large volumes of data, Google Sheets is one of the first names that pop into our minds. It is a great product developed by Google and comes with a plethora of features.
Out of all the other features, hiding rows and columns is an important one. That’s because it helps you to reduce data entry errors and compare data more easily. Not just that, but it also helps you to focus better. Now the question is how to hide rows and columns in Google Sheets? If you use Google Sheets often, there are chances you already know the steps. But for those who don’t have any idea, should refer to this guide. We have provided the steps following which you can easily hide rows and columns in Sheets. This feature can come in handy in various situations. Also, it makes your work easier.
Steps to hide rows:
- Open Google sheet:
- First we will hide the rows, so select the rows from the rows number you want to hide:
- Next, right click on the selected rows, and you will see the “hide rows” option click on it:
- Next, you will notice that the rows are hidden and two arrow appear on the side, to show the hidden rows simply click on the arrows:
Steps to hide the columns:
- Similarly for columns, select the columns you want to hide:
- Next hovering over the column you will see a arrow appear:
- Next, click the down arrow and select Hide the Columns:
- Your Columns will be Hidden and you will see the similar arrow appear :
- To show the hidden columns, just click on the arrows: