The extensively increasing and consistently growing popularity of Google Docs has necessitated the need to use it smartly. One such feature that is beyond convincing and makes one of the most useful tricks to consider is highlighting in Google Docs.
Once you learn how to highlight text in Google Docs, categorizing content becomes very simple. The feature in Google Docs will not only help in drawing the attention of the reader but will also digest as well as reviewing the information in the document with more engagement.
The end goal behind learning how to highlight text in Google Docs is to simply mark the text which is important. Users in Google Docs can highlight text using random colors as well. This can make things messy for the reader sometimes. This is why learning how to highlight text in Google Docs, the right way, makes sense.
Selecting and then highlighting content in Google Docs is incredibly simple and convenient. It is one of the best ways to emphasize content that needs all the attention. You can use this feature to make certain phrases or words stand out in the document. Here’s how you can highlight in Google Docs:
An important feature in Google docs is to highlight content. Highlighting certain text stresses on the importance and makes it eye catching in long chunks of text. There are a couple of ways how to highlight in Google docs.
Steps to highlight text in Google docs:
Using the native Highlight option:
- Select any text you wish to highlight.
- In the menu bar, select the highlighter option
- A new palette will open to choose any color you wish to highlight with:
Using the Highlighter Tool:
- Go to Google docs and in the menu bar, choose Add-ons
- Next, expand and go to “Get Add-ons” and Google Workspace Marketplace will appear:
- On the search bar, search for “Highlight tool”
- Click on it and install it
- Now, go to the Add-ons > Highlight tool > Start
- A new window will appear, click on Highlighter Library and create your own highlight
- Now select any text you want to highlight and click on the highlight option: