A video file or a project with over 25MB in size can’t be shared via G-mail. Yes, you can compress the file into a zip folder and send it but that comes with its complications too. And, when it comes to sharing a link to the Google drive location, people are sceptical about privacy.
You aren’t the only one struggling with similar issues. However, Google Drive’s direct download link allows the users to click on the click and start downloading the file automatically without any complications or manual processes in between. Sounds perfect, doesn’t it?
This can streamline a lot of processes and make your life easier than you anticipate. If you are confused about how to make a direct download link for Google drive files, we have written this detailed guide to help you along the way.
Steps to Make a Direct Download Link for Google Drive Files:
- Open Google Drive and right-click the file you want to make downloadable:
2. Next, click the Share button:
3. Next, click the “Change to Anyone with the Link” option at the bottom of this window:
4.Your copied link should look something like the following. From this link, copy the text that’s between d/ and /view . This is the unique file ID for your Google Drive file.
5.Now, paste the copied id from the file and paste it in the Field ID in the following link:
6. Your final link should look similar to this:
7. Using this link you can download the files