If you have been having a hard time making complex-looking graphs, we can assure you, you will be amazed to find out how easy it is to make a line graph in Google Sheets. But, before we tell you all about how to make a line graph in Google Sheets, we want you to know a bit about what are line graphs and why they will be helpful for you while preparing for Google Sheets.
A line graph or a line chart graphically displays the change in values over a period of time. They are powerful visual tools meant to make data easy to understand, easy to read, easy to plot, and practical to create. It is one of the best tools for comparing large data sets, displaying changes conveniently over time, and determining data trends over time.
There are three types of line graphs available in Google Sheets. These are smooth line graphs, regular line graphs, and combo line graphs. Each kind of line graph is suitable for different types of tasks. Here is how you can make a line graph in Google Sheets without wasting any time:
Google sheets are always data heavy and processing information can be difficult at times. Creating and inserting graphs into the Google sheets can increase the readability and ability of the reader to consume more information. You can create a number of graphs and charts in Google sheets. A line graph is a common type of graph in Google sheets. Below are the steps on how to insert a line graph in Google sheets:
Steps to make a line graph in Google sheets:
- Select the Data you want to plot a graph of:
- Now navigate to Insert > Chart
- Now, select the type of graph you want to plot. We will choose a Line graph here:
- You can also customize the chart using the Customize tab:
- You can change the Chart and Axis titles by going to the corresponding menu :
- Customize the chart as per your liking and your chart in Google Sheets will be ready: