For those who don’t know CSV files are used for exporting and importing reports in the Back Office. To open this type of file, you need specific software. Luckily, this option is available on Google Sheets. Instead of searching for suitable software, you can use Google Sheets to open a CSV file.
CSV files are a type of file containing a list of data separated by commas. The advantage of using these files is that they can be transported quickly from one source to another.
If you want to know how to open CSV file in Google Sheets, you are in the right place. In this post, we will share the steps you need to follow. Although you can use many other programs to open a CSV file, Google Sheets is easily accessible. Go through the steps given below and you will know what to do.
Steps to open CSV file in Google Sheets
- Open Google Sheets
- Next, navigate to File > Import
- Now, a new window will open where you can upload your CSV file or chose it from your Google Drive:
- Next, you will see the Import window
- Next, check on the ‘Convert text to numbers, dates, and formulas’ to No
- Next, click on the Import data button :
- The spreadsheet will have your CSV data: