Google has been adding new and helpful features in Google Sheets for a long time. These newly added features make Sheets a desirable option to use. In March 2020, Google added the sort by color feature in Sheets.
With the help of this feature, you can sort the dataset based on colors. This could either be the text color or the background color. You can use this feature whenever working with data with color applied to it. It makes the sorting task easier than before.
Since this is a newly added feature, many of you don’t know how to use it. No worries, because we are here to tell you how to sort by color in Google Sheets. All you need to do is follow the steps given below and you are good to go. The steps are easy and explained in detail. So you shouldn’t find it difficult to follow.
Steps to Sort by Color in Google Sheets:
- Open Google sheet:
- Now, select the any cell and navigate to Data > Create a Filter
- Next, the filter will be applied to the sheet:
- Next, Select the filter icon next to the header for the column you want to sort by color:
- Now, from the drop down, select, sort by color > Fill color > select the color:
- Now, the data will be sorted according to the color: