If you are trying to promote your website or doing SEO for money, you often have to process a large number of URLs. To process and analyze such a huge list of URLs, you need a special feature that will help you get your work done easily.
If you are working in Google Sheets, you will be happy to know that splitting URLs to get the domain name is pretty easy. All you need to do is just follow a few steps and you are done.
You need the domain names for further processing, remove links from already processed domains, group by URLs domains, compare two tables by domains, etc.
If you want to know how to spilled URL to get the domain name in Google Sheets, you are in the right place. In this article, we will discuss the steps in detail. So without wasting any time, let’s take a look at the steps.
Steps to Split URL to Get the Domain name in Google Sheets:
- Open Google sheets with URLs you want to split:
- Now, select the cells:
- Next, navigate to the Tab menu and select “Data” :
- Next, on the drop-down menu select “Split text to columns”
- Now, you will notice a separator tab appear near your data:
- Next, click the separator and select “Custom” option:
- Next, In the Custom field, enter //
- as soon as you enter /, the URLs will spit and the domain name would be in next column:
Also, check out How to Sort by Color in Google Sheets? to know more.