When it comes to analyzing data or preparing reports at work, we often feel the need to pick information from different sources to see the bigger picture. But if you are managing sales reports or product inventory, then manually copy/pasting data in one place can be extremely time-consuming.
Instead of flipping between spreadsheets, we have a better option for you. Google Sheet gives you the option to sync data from one Google Sheet to another. This is an extremely useful feature that makes your work much easier.
Now the question is how to sync data from one Google Sheet to another? Since many of you don’t know how it’s done, we have prepared a guide for you all. Just go through the steps given below and you will know what to do. Once you learn how to sync data from Google Sheets, you can do your work more efficiently.
Steps to Sync data from one Google Sheet to another
- Open the Google Sheet you want to copy the data from:
- Now, copy the URL of the Sheet from the address bar:
- Now, open the Sheet to which you want to sync the data to:
- In the cell begin to type > =IMPORTRANGE (you’ll see the code as you begin to type)
- Now, Type > quotation “ then paste the URL from the sheet that you copied and add another quotation mark at the end of the URL:
- . Now, add a comma(,) quotation mark again (“) then type the exact name of the specific tab that you want to copy followed by an exclamation mark( !)
- Now, type the cell range you want to sync from the sheet, followed by quotation mark(“) (here we will choose A1:D14 for reference):
- Now, hit Enter and your sheets will be synced: