Google Sheets is popular because of its features. It includes certain functions that make your work easier. One such feature is transposing data.
Transposing data allows you to change the orientation where the columns become the rows and rows become the columns. In Google Sheets, there are two ways to transpose data. You can either use the transpose function or use the paste special. The method you choose to switch columns and rows will depend on whether you want the data to be dynamic or static.
If you are not sure of the steps to transpose data in Google Sheets, you have come to the right place. In this guide, we will tell you how to transpose data in a Google spreadsheet. All you need to do is follow the guide below and you should be able to switch rows and columns without messing up your data.
Steps to transpose data in Google Sheets:
- Open Google Sheets you want to transpose:
- Now, select the data you want to transpose:
- Now, right click the selected data you want to transpose and click copy:
- Now, select the cell you want to paste the transposed data and right click on the cell:
- Now, on the right click menu and select Paste special > paste transposed
- Now, your data will be pasted and transposed.
Also, check out How to Create a Star Rating System in Google Sheets? to know more.