Sometimes, you definitely need to access files at ease on your computer rather than browse them online on Google Drive. Adding Google Drive to file explorer in Windows 10 is quite simple. Let’s go through the steps now:
How to Add Google Drive to File explorer:
Google provides a tool called File Stream that lets you access files locally with ease.
- First, Download and install Drive File Stream utility for Windows
- Now, a pop up will appear on your screen. Click on “Get Started”.
- Now, Login using your Google credentials.
- Next, you will be prompted to select folder you want to sync.
- Now, select the Drive or Folder you want to sync between your Google Drive and PC
- Next you will be prompted with the below screen. Click on “Got it” to continue:
- Now, a screen will appear asking to ‘Sync my Drive to this Computer’ that will sync all of the files in your Google drive to your local disk.
- Now, your File explorer will have a dedicated section on the left side.
- Next, whenever you add any files to this folder, it will sync to your Google Drive.
Hope the tutorial helped. Check out more such tutorials here.