Google Docs is a feature-rich and free alternative to Microsoft Word. It can be used for making documents with its amazing set of features. Among its most useful features is Google Docs’ ability to split the text into multiple columns.
Splitting text into columns makes a useful decision for certain kinds of documents. If your work demands you to create brochures and newsletters every now and then, then splitting documents by adding columns of images and texts on pages is quite common.
The feature of adding columns in Google Docs wasn’t not there in Google Docs since the beginning. The feature has been added by Google only recently. This feature has certainly simplified the lives of millions of Google Docs users around the globe. By making it easy to format text in columns.
If you have been wanting to split the content in Google Docs, then learning how to add columns in Google Docs will make a wise decision. In this article, we will show you how you can add columns in Google Docs. Text-heavy documents such as magazines or newsletters will surely become more engaging to read with this format. Here’s how you can get started with adding columns in Google Docs:
Google has been releasing new and exciting features across all its products on a regular basis. We love Google docs, don’t we? Sometimes, it can be difficult to get hold of a few options though. We thought to cover an important feature that you need very often i.e, “how to add columns in Google docs”.
As this is a required and important feature, Google hasn’t missed to include it. In cases when you want to create a sales pamphlet, newsletter, or newspaper publication, you wonder how to make a column in Google docs. Well, we will cover the same for you below:
Steps to add columns in Google Docs
- Navigate to Google docs menu bar > Format > Columns
- Next, select any column type. Now you should be able to make three columns in Google docs or make 2 columns in Google docs.
- You can also select More options for customizing Number of columns and spacing and the Apply:
- Once all the changes are applied, the page will look something like this:
- Now while typing, the text will be divided into columns as shown below:
- You can also add header by going to Insert > headers and footers > Header
- Now add your header and your document will be ready
If you would like to know how to add a signature to your documents then please check out this article.