If you are in a department where you work with large volumes of data, you will understand the importance of a trendline. It’s a very useful feature for various reasons.
The good thing is Google Sheets allow you to add a trendline in your charts to make your work easier. This is the best way to spot patterns and behaviors during a particular period.
Adding a trendline in Google Sheets is no rocket science. The steps are quite simple and anyone can do it. If you are working with Google Sheets for the first time, you may need some help to learn the steps. In that case, you are in the right place. In this post, we will explain the steps to add a trendline in Google Sheets, so you can use this feature whenever needed. But before we start you should have a chart prepared in your spreadsheet.
Steps to add a trendline in Google Sheets:
- Open Google Sheets
- Double click on the graph you want to have a trendline for :
- On the left side, a customizing pane will appear, navigate to the series option:
- Expand the series option:
- Now, scroll down on the series option and you will find the trendline checkbox. Tick the checkbox:
- After checking the box you will notice a line going through the graph:
- You can also change the type of the trendline by clicking on the type option: