Sometimes just marking mails as spam is not enough. That’s because Gmail’s filters are not 100% effective. Even if you mark emails as spam, you may still receive junk mails in your inbox. So what should you do? This is where the need for the blocking feature comes into the picture.
Thanks to the blocking functionality in Gmail that you can stop unwanted emails from making their way to your inbox. If you don’t want to receive emails from a particular email address, you can simply block it.
Now the question is how to block someone on Gmail? In case, you are new to Gmail, you are yet to explore all the features. But no worries, we have got your back. In this guide, we will tell you how to block people on Gmail. Just follow the steps correctly and you can block any email address or person you want.
Steps to block someone on Gmail:
- Go to Gmail:
- Open the message you want to block the sender of:
- Now, click on the three dot menu on the right hand side:
- Menu will appear with different options:
- Now, click on the Block “the user name” button:
- A confirmation message will appear, click on the Block Button: