Google Sheets is one of the best working tools provided by Google. If there is anything better than Microsoft Excel, then it has to be Google Sheets. They are introducing new features now and then to improve the functionality of the tool.
One of the many things that Google Sheets allow is grouping columns. There are times when you want to concise the size of data in the Sheets. This is especially when you are working with a huge amount of data. In such situations, you can group the columns. If needed, you can again ungroup them with just a click of a button.
If you want to know how to group columns in Google Sheets, you have come to the right place. In this guide, we will provide you the detailed steps. If you are using Google Sheets for the first time, you can take help from the guide below. For convenience, we have explained the steps in simple language.
Steps to Group Columns in Google Sheets:
- Open Google Sheets:
- Open the Sheet you want to group the data to:
- Now, select the columns you want to group (here, we will group B and C column):
- Now, right click on the top of the column and select Group column:
- The Grouping icon will appear above the columns :
- You can also click the icon to minimize the columns: