Google Sheets has become quite popular among users because of the large number of data tools offered. If you often work with Google Sheets, you must know how the software works.
When preparing large spreadsheets, you may come across duplicate entries. Anyone working with a lot of data would know how difficult it is to deal with duplicates. It becomes even harder if you were to remove duplicate entries one by one.
The good news is Google Sheets allows you to highlight, format, and remove duplicates. It is because of this feature that dealing with duplicates is so much easier in Google Sheets.If you want to know how to highlight duplicates in Google Sheets, you have come to the right place. In this post, we will provide you a step-by-step guide that will help you learn the steps. For help, we have also explained each of the steps in detail.
Steps to highlight duplicates in Google Sheets:
- Open Google Sheets:
- Now, select the column you want to highlight duplicates from:
- Next, navigate to Format > Conditional formatting
- Under Format rules, open the drop-down list and select Custom formula is:
- Next, type the formula =countif(A1:A,A1)>1 and click on Done:
- Next,the duplicates will be highlighted :
Checkout, How To remove duplicates in Google Sheets, if you want to remove duplicates