If you are someone who prefers reading over watching a video, you would want to know about indentation text in Google Sheets. In that case, you have come to the right place.
Even though Google Sheets is packed with features, it lacks some of the basic ones like indenting in Google Sheets. In Words, you can indent by pressing the Tab key. Unfortunately, this feature is not available in Sheets. But no worries, some workarounds can help you.
If you want to know how to indent text in Google Sheets, we can help you with it. There are many different ways to indent text in Sheets, but we are going to cover only the common ones.
Indentation is a feature that is needed by many people. Since Sheets doesn’t have it yet, we have found our ways to get it done. Just follow the steps below and you will know what to do.
Steps to indent text in Google Sheets:
- Open Google Sheets:
- Now, Select the cells for which you want to apply the indentation
- Now, navigate to Format > Number >
- Next, hover the cursor over the ‘More Formats’ > Custom number format option
- Now, a custom number format dialog box will appear:
- In the ‘Custom number formats’ dialog box, enter the following custom format ” @”. In this step, here add spaces before the @ sign on how much you want to indent and click Apply.
- The indentation will be applied to the cells:
Also, check out How to Hide Rows and Columns in a Google Sheet? to know more.