Google sheets allow users to add rows in the middle, bottom, and at the beginning of the sheets as per their requirement. You can also re-sort it to get new entries to the right place. But re-sorting is hectic and a bit difficult. Instead of resorting to the information or the rows, it’s easier to add a new row in the middle whenever you need to. Google sheets allow users to add new rows by following a few simple steps.
The advantage of using spreadsheets is that people can access a lot of shortcuts. Shortcuts make the work easier and a lot less time taking. In Google sheets, if you have to add one row at a time, it becomes extremely tedious and time taking. People get frustrated adding one row at a time. To make adding rows easier for people, Google sheets now allow people to add multiple rows at the same time. The process is hence much easier and more fun.
If you learn how to insert multiple rows in Google sheets once, you are sure to never forget the process again.
There are two ways to insert rows or cell in Google Sheets:
Steps to insert 1 row in Google Sheets
- In Google Sheet, click on a cell and right click for more options and click on “Insert row”:
- The cell will be added to the sheet:
Steps to insert multiple rows in Google sheets
- In Sheet, select two or more cells by dragging the mouse and right-click on it:
- Now, you will see Option to Insert 2 row above or two rows below, select accordingly:
- After that, multiple rows will be inserted