Google Sheets is a useful software by Google that offers dozens of features to make your work easier. One of the useful features in the drop-down list. You can use this feature when you want the user to choose from pre-defined options. This is a good way to make data entry easier.
If you are using Google Sheets for the first time, there is a chance you don’t know to use the drop-down feature. To help you out, we have laid down a step-by-step guide below. Go through the steps and you will know how to add a drop-down list in Google Sheets.
The steps to insert a drop-down list are easy. All you have to do is follow all the steps correctly and you are good to go. This is a useful feature that can be used in various situations. Also, it makes data entry easy and consistent.
Steps to add drop down list in Google Sheets
- Open Google Sheets
- Now, select the cell or cells where you want to have the drop down list
- Next, click Data and the select “Data validation”:
4.Now, the Data validation menu will appear:
5. Now, in the criteria option click the drop down and select List of items from the options:
6. Now in the text area beside it enter the values you want to have in the drop down menu:
7. Now, Click on save:
8. Now, you will see the drop down menu in the cell :
9. Click on the drop down to show the menu: